This privacy statement applies to WW2 Research Inc, WW2Research.com, and WW2 Research Inc’s WW2 Casualties Database with respect to the privacy of our site visitors, clients, and contributors, and online store customers.
This site collects information such as the visitor’s domain name, site traffic patterns and server usage statistics. This information is used to improve the performance and content of our site material.
We do not collect and store your email address unless you choose to communicate with us in one of several ways:
- You contact us directly via email.
- You provide your email address to us via phone, mail, electronic form or paper sign-up sheet.
- You opt out of future messaging after receiving email from us.
We do not sell or rent our email lists to third-party organizations. We do share this information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf, but we do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Third-party personally identifiable information you provide for memorial or honor donations or for merchandise shipping will not be shared, except to include honoree or memorial names on our Memorial Wall in accordance with information that you provide.
We do not rent or sell customer information to outside marketers. We might use the information you provide to share information about our services or products you have requested or to inform you of promotional offers relating to our services that might be of interest to you.
We use shipping companies to ship documents and merchandise and a credit card processor for merchandise orders and donations. These companies do not share or use personally identifiable information for secondary purposes.
We may occasionally conduct voluntary surveys on this site. Personally identifiable information collected in these surveys will not be shared. Aggregate results may be shared for analysis by third parties. The aggregate data cannot be used to identify individuals.
We may ask you to provide personal information in a few circumstances. When you contribute toward the creation and maintenance of the WW2 Casualties Database, submit a research request or request for quote form through our web site, when you contact us via email with a research request or request for quote, when you sign up for our mailing list, or when you purchase items from our online store, we will need personal information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, and/or credit card number, so that we can process your contribution or order, notify you of order or research status, or provide a receipt.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Wherever your personal information may be held within WW2Research Inc, or on its behalf, we intend to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information that you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
Our server uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect credit card and other information submitted via the forms on this site. SSL is the industry standard security protocol. All off-line information is securely stored and is accessible only by authorized staff.
Accuracy and Access
To the extent that you provide us with personal information, WW2Research Inc wishes to maintain accurate personal information. Where we collect personal information from you via our web site, through our e-newsletter, via email or postal correspondence, our goal is to provide a means of contacting WW2Research Inc should you need to update or correct that information. If for any reason those means are unavailable or inaccessible, you may send updates and corrections about your personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes in your personal information that we hold as soon as practicable.
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of sites not owned by WW2 Research, Inc. We encourage our visitors to be aware of when they leave our site and to read the privacy statement of any site that collects personally identifiable data.
WW2Research Inc is committed to privacy and supports industry initiatives to preserve individual privacy rights on the Internet. Protecting individuals’ privacy online is an evolving area and WW2Research is constantly evolving to meet these demands.
The quickest means of unsubscribing from electronic communications is through the unsubscribe function on the electronic newsletter you are receiving.
WW2 Research Inc
4824 Newton St.
Torrance, CA 90505
Withdrawing Consent (Opting Out)
WW2 Research, Inc will discontinue contact with any person upon written request. Write: WW2 Research, Inc, 4824 Newton St., Torrance, CA, 90505 or email email@example.com.
- The content in this web site is for your general information only; it is subject to change without notice.
- Neither WW2Research Inc nor any third parties that provide services on our behalf in relation to this web site provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this web site for a particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such in accuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this web site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this web site meet your specific needs or requirements.
- This web site contains material which is owned by or licensed to WW2Research Inc. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics, digital photographs, digital reproductions of historical documents, original text, historical records, a custom, proprietary database, and computer code. Reproduction is prohibited without prior written consent from WW2Research Inc.
- All trademarks reproduced in this web site which are not the property of or licensed to WW2Research Inc are acknowledged in this web site.
- Unauthorized use of this web site or original material herein may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.