Bill Beigel interviewed on Hometown Heroes Radio, Memorial Day 2015
Tune in on local radio stations, listen to live streaming, or catch the podcast to hear WW2 Researcher Bill Beigel’s interview with Paul Loeffler, host of the Hometown Heroes radio show, this Memorial Day weekend.
Also in this hour, you’ll hear an interview with Jim Escalle, author of the book Unforgotten Hero, a fighter pilot still MIA from the Korean War.
In his interview with Paul Loeffler, Bill Beigel remembers:
1st LT Julio Nuno
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Belonged to the 20th Fighter Group, 77th Fighter Squadron of the 8th Army Air Force
Plane: P-51 Mustang
Based in England
Crashed over Germany
Mission was successful for the Allies; Julio Nuno was the only flyer downed that day from his squadron
Researched for Julio’s daughter, Julie, who was a toddler at the time of her father’s death.
PFC Max Poster
Born in Canada
Moved to U.S. at age 14
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Killed in action near Cereglio, Italy on April 15, 1945, less than three weeks before the war in Italy ended.
Researched for Vanessa, Max Poster’s niece, of Redondo Beach, CA
The 261 students, alumni, and faculty from UCLA, Bill’s alma mater, who left the classroom to defend our nation and died in active duty in World War 2.
The 230+ American airmen based in England, mostly from the Mighty 8th Air Force, who who also died fighting for freedom in World War 2, and whose military records have recently become part of the William L. Beigel collection of the American Air Museum in Duxford, England. The files are available for viewing and downloading for free at the American Air Museum’s state-of-the-art interactive web site at http://AmericanAirMuseum/media.
Here are just a few of the stations that will air this special edition of Hometown Heroes this Memorial Day weekend. Visit HometownHeroesRadio.com for the podcast and to hear past episodes.
Saturday, May 23, 2015
- KMJN 580 AM (Fresno) at 6 p.m.
- KMJN 105.9 FM (Fresno) at 6 p.m.
- KNZR 1560 AM (Bakersfield) at 6 p.m.
- KNZR 97.7 FM (Bakersfield) at 6 p.m.
- KNZR 1560 AM (Bakersfield) at 9 a.m.
- KFIV 1360 AM (Modesto) at 6 a.m.
- KWSX 1280 AM (Stockton) at 6 a.m.
- KIVA 1600 AM (Albuquerque) at 11 a.m.
- KYNO 1430 AM (Fresno) at 5 p.m.
- KYKN 1430 AM (Salem, OR) at 5 p.m.
Sunday, May 24, 2015
- KIVA 95.9 (Albuquerque) at 11 a.m.
- KYNO 1430 AM (Fresno) at 9 a.m.
- KYKN 1430 AM (Salem, OR) at 6 a.m.
- KFNY 1440 AM (Riverside) time TBA
- KNZR 97.7 FM (Bakersfield) at 9 a.m.
- KNZR 1560 AM (Bakersfield) at 9 p.m.
Memorial Day, Monday, May 25, 2015
To honor their memory…